Mobile solutions are indispensable in modern business. Thanks to mobile applications and the fact that tablets and smartphones are becoming more and more popular, all the software necessary in everyday work is within reach. In itCraft, we facilitate work with mobile devices offering dedicated, custom applications. Mobile devices with appropriate software improve the work making it more efficient and comfortable.
In ItCraft we focus on developing competencies and skills for the three most popular mobile platforms:
- iOS platform – for Apple iPhone and iPad.
- Android platform – for a number of devices equipped with Android OS (Samsung, Motorola, HTC smartphones and Android tablets).
- Windows Phone platform (earlier knows as Windows Mobile) – for Windows Phone and Windows Mobile devices.
itCraft mobile systems ensure:
- Accessibility of applications for the most popular mobile platforms (Android, iPhone, Windows Phone, Windows Mobile).
- Clear user interface adapted to devices’ capabilities.
- Compatibility with Android, iPhone and Windows Mobile standards.
- Integration with existing Enterprise solutions or developing new modular application as in the diagram below.
Many of the delivered mobile business applications can be based on one of the standard structures made by itCraft. Thanks to ready-made itCraft components, we can deliver software at a competitive price and at a shortened time of implementation and testing.
Standard dedicated itCraft mobile applications include:
1. Business Application Mobile Client
Business Application Mobile Client is a customer application that facilitates access to Enterprise applications functions implemented in a given organization.
Mobile solution facilitates:
- High level of security (decoded communication, secure access to the system).
- User friendly interface adapted to mobile devices’ capabilities (smartphones and tablets).
- Possibility to integrate with the existing business systems (e.g. within an organization).
This mobile solution can be applied to support:
- Sale support systems – product presentation, making orders, adding customers to the database
- Reporting effects – sending reports from the outside (pictures, completed forms, customers’ data, notes)
- Document circulation, mobile access to resources, completing and sending forms
Using ready-made components of a mobile customer application the solution can easily be adapted to specific needs of any customer. It is recommended and useful for merchandisers.
2. GPS Tracking System
It is a mobile system that facilitates sending current location of a device to the central server.
It is a solution that can be used in different business, entertainment and merchant mobile applications:
- Monitoring/reporting fleet vehicles’ location (trucks, cars).
- Supervising/reporting merchants’, suppliers’ or couriers’ work.
- Sending adverts/ promotions/ local news.
- Mobile games using the device’s current location.
- Applications related to sports and tourism.
- Integration with Google Maps to visualize the device’s location.
GPS lets you minimize costs – there is no need to call the courier to ask where he is, you can precisely monitor e.g. your merchants’ visits in shops as well as their duration. Besides, this solution also lets you easily and efficiently manage e.g. fleet vehicles, taxis within a taxi corporation, etc.
3. Multimedia Mobile Applications
Mobile solutions that use multimedia mainly cover:
- Mobile applications containing photos, graphics, animation and sound
- Applications playing audio or HD video files (depending on the device’s capabilities)
- Solutions using accelerometer and built-in GPS (rotating the device, its position and compass)
- Solutions integrated with web portal (e.g. social networking services)
itCraft mobile applications can integrate with web portals through:
- Displaying elements of any web page within a mobile application (coupons, leaflets, tickets, adverts, price lists or any part of a web page)
- Integration with the existing functionalities
- Browsing/searching contents (search engines)
- Adding adverts or buy/sell offers (ads portals)
- Sending/receiving messages (social networking services)
- Inserting and browsing images or films (social networking services)
- Transaction execution – buy/sell (online shopping and auctions)
Mobile Application Distribution
itCraft implements mobile applications through placing solutions in the most popular marketing and sales platforms:
- App Store (Apple)
- Android Market (Google)
- Amazon Appstore for Android (Amazon)
- Windows Phone Marketplace (Microsoft)
A full distribution process supported by itCraft includes also:
- Adjusting mobile applications to technical and formal requirements of a chosen platform
- Testing the mobile solution for a number of different mobile devices (different types of phones and tablets)
- After-implementation support and development of applications based on suggestions and problems reported